Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dev Anand: Will work till something happens to me-February 2, 2011

Dev Anand: Will work till something happens to me

'I will work till something happens to me'

Last updated on: February 2, 2011 17:18 IST


"I am sure you are excited to meet me for the first time, but I am doubly excited to see you for the first time, because I learn from you. You are the inspiration for my stories, I get my characters from you," says Dev Anand, a charmer even at 87, as he invites me into his Khar office in suburban Mumbai.

Dressed like a suave gentleman he sits behind a pile of files, some foreign chocolates and biscuits boxes, looking like the quintessential aging star, not the simple man he calls himself. 'I am very simple man. I am so well dressed today because I am going for a television interview. I am not dressed like a hero everyday,' he says.

The evergreen hero, who is busy with the release of his film Hum Dono Rangeen, the colour version of his 1961 film Hum Dono, discusses the film and his incredible journey with Patcy N.

On Hum Dono Rangeen

You won't feel that it is an old film. If you see any Navketan [his production house] film, it is futuristic. People have always complained that we have made films ahead of times. Hum Dono is still modern. We had wars then and we have wars today. We had love and separation then and we have that today. Added to all these things you have a double role of Dev.

Other black and white films have also been released in colour, but Hum Dono is better than all of them. When you watch Hum Dono Rangeen you will feel as though it was shot in colour, you won't feel that I have got the reels painted by brush. That's why I fell for it. They [Goldstone Technologies Ltd] have asked for all my other films too, but I am waiting for the release of Hum Dono. I will give other films after the response to it.

Image: A scene from Hum Dono Rangeen

No comments: