Friday, April 3, 2009

Baba Ramdev's programme.

Yesterday I saw Aastha Channel, Baba Ramdev has invited few famous Media persons(two of them are women), as a speaker to motivate people...topic was related to media and democracy. Baba Ramdevji is doing great job of making people concious about their health, and helping them from over coming their health problems....Yog is Indian heritage...liked in every corner of the world...specially meditation...Now he is taking up all kind of issues, its good as he is popular and has credibility, so his followers will believe him....Saw a news in Tv that he is forming a Political party...which he denied...Its good as he don't need Satta to do seva... I never liked Osho's philosophy. though I read it...he was more into consumerism and worldliness...by which he gain popularity in urban or foriegner followers...not widely acceptable in Indian Society...There are so many baba's but I think few of them I remember and respect...including Sai Baba of Puttaparti(I have got a chance to meet him), or Shirdi ke Sai Baba (more respected as he himself never said...worship me)...one is Shri Shri Ravi Shankar.I have heard him few times and find his speeches very inspiring as well.
I do believe in Sprituality as I believe -like Newton's gravitational force...there are some forces/shaktiyan do exists which is still Mystery for all of us.

Lets talk about programme, ..Sudhirji was one of the invitees...Programme was inspiring, everyone spoke well...but nodoubt Sudhirji got more appreciation as people were really clapping and laughing on his wit and satire. I think he conveyed his message that Political Cartoons are Parameter of checking democracy...If people (specially High and mighties) after getting rediculed, appreciates you...it means democracy is alive, but if Political cartoons pushed inside or in any corner of the paper and only art directors, designers, illustrators replaced him/her....then it is psuedo democracy or mockery of democracy. I think we Indians are capable of laughing at ourself since Ravan's(ten head), ganesh face(its caricatured), ...birbal, kabir...tanalirama...'s time...and if we are loosing our sense of humour then we should try to regain it.

No comments: